To Boldly go where no other TableTop game has gone before...
You heard that correctly. Diggin Deep: World's Game is being ported to not only the PC, but also to your tablets!!!! This is the one of the first ports of a tabletop game to mobile devices. Diggin Deep Sports is currently working with John Blackburn (creator of Nebula Retro) in this endeavor. No time table has been set yet, as John and I are still in the Alpha Stages. However, I can give you some screenshots and some high level details regarding the game.
- No prices have been set. I do envision a one time fee to download the app (getting one season included). Other seasons could be purchased at $0.99 a pop. I hope to offer my entire library of leagues
- The game plays exactly as it would on the tabletop. When you tap 'Roll', the dice roll and the result is read from either the ball handler's card or the Team Defense card. The Check the Deck results will be resolved as normal
- Player's can Dig Deep like they can in the tabletop game. When a player is 'Diggin Deep' his card color will change to distinguish himself from the pack.
- Each player on the pitch can have his card viewed by simply tapping on his card. This will enlarge the card and you can see his Attempt to Create chart. Another tap, and you'll see that player's shooting chart.
- All of this with brilliant animations (the dice numbers spinning on the screen / Goal and Save soccer ball animations / the smooth transition of accessing individual player cards)
- You can take the Diggin Deep experience on the go. This is truly the tabletop experience in your hands. Almost everything you can do with the cards and dice you should be able to do on your PC and mobile device. Play a half now, save your game, and play another half later.
- Much more details to come as they become available
If interested in Diggin Deep: World's Game on the tabletop, check out our website - www.diggindeepsports.com. You can see the library of leagues and seasons available. I am currently working on the recently completed Euro Leagues (England, Germany, Spain, Italy, and France) as well as the Champions League and the 2014 World Cup.
You can also check back for blog updates regarding this project to digitize DDWG here
I am extremely excited at this project. I have playing around with Alpha Build v0.1 and loving it. John has done an incredible job in a very short amount of time. I know that you guys would love this game. Maybe this will start a movement of porting tabletop sports games to mobile devices. We can hope!!!!
As always, if you have any questions, you can contact me at email@example.com. You can also visit my website at www.diggindeepsports.com. You can also post in our forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/DigginDeep. Thanks for your time and continued support!!!
Diggin Deep Sports
Here are some screen shots to take in. The first shot shows Gervinho about to get things rolling. Simply tap 'Roll' to start the match. The second shot show some animation. Tomas Rosicky just gave squad the 1-0 lead.